Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Years Are Rolling By (But There's Some Awfully Long Days)


Thanks to Nan Parker for the title to today's post.
I'm pretty much a curmudgeon about "Christmas". I actually like the holidays, the turning of autumn to winter with the winter solstice, and this year the full clear moon and the nip to the air (yes, even in SF, it gets a little cold, but I won't claim to experience the bitter chill of other areas of the world). I love the rain, the snow (though we don't get any here), the warmth of the fire (though it's now no longer eco-friendly to burn wood in your fireplace). I love the lights and the greenery and the decor. I love giving small gifts to people I love and donating money to people that are doing good and important things.
I like (won't always claim love) seeing family and friends.
This year Karen and I were blessed to have a visit from my daughter, Gracia, and two wonderful granddaughters, Kelsey and Hailey (the sleepyheads in the photo). It's so impossible to believe that Gracia is 36 and Kelsey and Hailey are 16 and 13, respectively. The years truly are rolling by.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home