Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's Becoming Clearer (for me anyway)

I have really been thinking (now that voting starts in a few weeks) about which direction to go in the presidential race. Black man (historic)?, white woman (also historic)?, fiercely partisan (white man)?, non front runner (a few interesting choices)?

Today's column by David Brooks in the NY Times may have finally clarified it for me - http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/18/opinion/18brooks.html?ref=opinion.

The country, I think, is sick of partisanship, foot-dragging and failure of leadership on big problems, parsing of the political winds, politicians guided by divine faith more than reasoned discourse and facts, and the potential for political dynasties controlling the landscape and perpetually caving to limited interests over the common good.

So, ok, I'll throw it out there - the ideal ticket for me might be:
Obama/Biden (though I also think that Biden would make a great secretary of state).

Let the voting begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home